Cheltenham Gold Cup
The Cheltenham Gold Cup 2024 has been confirmed for 15 March.
There is no better way to experience a day at the races than on board the Northern Belle. The glamour, thrill and excitement begins the second you see the train stationed at London Paddington where you will start your incredible journey to Cheltenham Racecourse. Liveried stewards await with a red carpet welcome and show you to your plush armchair seats. Intricate marquetry, hand sewn fabrics and mosaic floors make this beautiful train a moving piece of art. From the comfort of your exquisitely decorated Pullman carriage you will glide across country, enjoying the finest food, wines and Champagne. Enjoy a Bellini Brunch, study the form, get some racing advice from our onboard tipster and enjoy the views from your picture window as we journey to the market town of Evesham, located in the heart of the Cotswolds.
On arrival, coaches await for the short journey to Broadway Steam Railway Station where you will board a magnificent steam train which will embark on a 45 minute journey through the beautiful Cotswolds, Malverns and Vale of Evesham and transport you and your guests directly to the back of the main Grandstand at Cheltenham Racecourse. You will pull into Cheltenham Racecourse Steam Railway Station located just a furlong from the Paddock in unique and nostalgic fashion.
Your package includes a Club Enclosure admission ticket which is the premium entry ticket at Cheltenham giving you access to the prime viewing lawns located by the winning post, Parade Ring and various bar facilities. After an action packed day’s racing and witnessing the 2024 Cheltenham Gold Cup, you will re-join the steam train which will take you on a stress free journey back to Broadway — you will miss all of the traffic and congestion in and around the racecourse. Once back at Broadway, our coach transfers will be on hand to return you to Evesham where you will re-join the majestic Northern Belle luxury vintage train for a very special journey home. A delicious five-course meal paired with specially selected wine awaits. With Champagne in hand, sit back, relax and raise a glass to a very memorable day at the races.
Northern Belle Departure Times, 15th March 2024
London Paddington 08:30 departure, ariving at 11:05 to Evesham Station, followed by a short coach journey to Broadway Steam Railway Station before catching the steam train to Cheltenham Racecourse, arriving at approximately 12:30.
After the Gold Cup, you will re-join the steam train to Broadway, and then collect your coach to Evesham, and rejoin the Northern Belle at Evesham Station at 20:45, arriving at London Paddington at 23:30.
– Round trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train to Gold Cup Day of the 2024 Cheltenham Festival (from London Paddington)
– Red carpet welcome at London Paddington and a sparkling Bellini cocktail welcome drink
– Delicious Bellini three course brunch on the outward journey followed by morning tea and coffee
– Coach transfers to/from Evesham Station to Broadway Steam Railway Station
– Return steam train transfer to/from Broadway to the back of the main Grandstand at Cheltenham Racecourse (cash bar on board)
– Club Enclosure admission badge to Cheltenham Racecourse
– Champagne reception on the Northern Belle in the evening
– Sumptuous five course dinner: British seasonal menu followed by coffee, tea and petit fours
– A bottle of wine per couple
– Cash bar service throughout the journey
– Strolling musicians on the return journey
THE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL
The Cheltenham Festival is probably the greatest race meeting of the year in the UK. It attracts genuine enthusiasts as well as corporate clients to see the greatest steeplechase racing of the calendar. One of the reasons for its great success is that it is for the champions at all National Hunt distances of between 2m and 3¼m, culminating in arguably the best day’s racing of the year – Gold Cup Day on Friday.
Cheltenham is renowned for its amazing atmosphere and Gold Cup Day always delivers as owners, trainers, jockeys and their counterpart equines compete for one of the most sought-after titles in racing. Visitors show their appreciation for every winner, whether they have backed it or not – they admire the bravery and stamina of these wonderful horses. In addition to the Gold Cup race itself, you will also witness 6 other incredible races including the Triumph Hurdle & Foxhunters Steeplechase.
Your Northern Belle package includes a Club Badge admission ticket to Cheltenham Racecourse which is the premium entrance ticket to the course. Your Club badge will give you access to all areas of the racecourse including the main viewing lawns by the winning post, the main Grandstand Champagne bars and viewing steps, Parade Ring, shopping village and the many on course betting facilities.
The Northern Belle reflects the style of Britain’s famous ‘Belle’ & Pullman trains of the 1920’s & 30’s. The individually designed carriages have been lovingly restored by some of the country’s top crafts people, including marquetry experts, muralists and mosaic artists. Every carriage is named after a Great British stately home or Castle and the designs inside reflect the famous names. You will find specially commissioned upholstery, mosaic floors and fine furnishing that provide a country house atmosphere. We have seven dining carriages and seats are arranged in bays of six seats with tables of four down one side of the train and tables of two opposite with an aisle in between. Groups of two will be accommodated on private tables of 2.
This is your time to look fabulous! Come dressed in smart casual attire and remember, you can never be overdressed when travelling on the Northern Belle Luxury Train. There is no formal dress code for Cheltenham Racecourse although we advise to make note of the weather on the day as sometimes in March it can be quite cold, therefore, warm coats are advisable. You will see men in 3-piece suits, top hat & tails, and national dresses from the world over. Many ladies choose to dress to impress with bright patterns and extravagant hats.
We politely request that you do not wear jeans or trainers.
BRUNCH (SERVED ON OUTWARD JOURNEY TO EVESHAM)
Welcome sparkling Bellini
Morning tea & coffee
Fresh fruit salad
Smoked salmon parcel filled with scrambled eggs on a warm English crumpet, dressed with hollandaise sauce and Caviar
Pastries, croissants, fruit toast and Danish from the bakery
CASH BAR AVAILABLE FOR ADDITIONAL DRINKS THROUGHOUT BOTH NORTHERN BELLE JOURNEYS. IN ADDITION, THERE IS A LIMITED CASH BAR SERVICE AVAILABLE ON THE STEAM TRAIN LEG OF THE JOURNEY.
PLEASE NOTE: THE MENU IS A SAMPLE/PROVISIONAL AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. DIETARY REQUIREMENTS CAN BE CATERED FOR WITH ADVANCE NOTICE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS.
DINNER (SERVED ON RETURN JOURNEY TO PADDINGTON)
Welcome Champagne reception – Laurent Perrier Cuvée
Selection of table canapés
Spiced parsnip, pumpkin and apple soup
Roast fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef
Seasonal vegetables, colcannon and cranberry sauce
Bottle of house wine per couple (half per person).
Sommeliers’ selection of red & white.
Chocolate piemontaise and vanilla sauce
Coffee & tea with petit fours
Step inside the lobby, where warm, dark wood, polished marble and crushed velvet envelope you in laid-back luxury, and you’ve arrived. With the feel of a private members club, but the warmth of a neighbourhood cafe, it’ll make you feel at home, but very definitely away – cosseted by quietly attentive service in surroundings as stimulating as they are relaxing. It’s a place to call your own, to achieve your goals and to enjoy London your way. We’re here to help you do just that.
Just around the corner from the watchful eye of Eros, the statue poised above Piccadilly Circus, the Piccadilly London West End is a stylish urban hideaway for roaming romantics and out-of-town weekenders alike. It’s easy to fall in love with this corner of the capital. Sandwiched between Soho, Chinatown and the grand sweep of Regent Street, The Piccadilly London West End has the best of London on its doorstep. You’ll be centrally located in London, within a 5-minute walk of Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square. This 5-star guesthouse is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from Trafalgar Square and 0.6 mi (1 km) from The British Museum.
Hyatt Regency Churchill
Steeped in authentic British charm, Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill offers a sophisticated stay in Marylebone overlooking Portman Square Garden. Tucked behind Hyde Park and Oxford Street in the heart of London’s West End, the hotel honours Sir Winston Churchill with bespoke design details and refined décor that give a subtle nod to his life and legacy. Located in the Heart of London within a 15-minute walk of Marble Arch and Oxford Street. This 5-star hotel is 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from Hyde Park and 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from Piccadilly Circus.
Experience Luxury and Excitement: London Paddington to Cheltenham Festival with the Northern Belle
Are you ready to indulge in a remarkable journey that combines luxury, excitement, and grandeur? Look no further! Join us for an unforgettable experience as we take you from London Paddington Station to the prestigious Cheltenham Festival, complete with exclusive Club Badge admission and the option to add a stay at a central-London 5-star hotel to your booking. Buckle up as we delve into the details of this remarkable escapade!
1. Luxury Rail Journey Onboard the Northern Belle: Prepare to be whisked away on a nostalgic rail journey like no other aboard the iconic Northern Belle. Departing from London Paddington Station, this opulent train offers a return journey that is steeped in luxury and charm. The experience begins with a delectable brunch served on the outbound journey, setting the tone for a day filled with elegance and comfort. And that’s not all! As you make your way back, indulge in a sumptuous dinner that will satisfy both your palate and your sense of adventure.
2. Cheltenham Festival and Gold Cup Steeplechase: Experience the thrill of the Cheltenham Festival, a premier event in the world of horse racing. With your exclusive Club Badge admission ticket, you’ll enjoy access to the finest areas of the Cheltenham Racecourse. From the main viewing lawns by the winning post to the Grandstand Champagne bars with breathtaking views, you’ll have the best seats in the house. Immerse yourself in the excitement as you witness heart-pounding races, take in the vibrant atmosphere of the Parade Ring, explore the shopping village, and make the most of the on-course betting facilities. Let’s not forget the main event itself – the Cheltenham Gold Cup 2024 – one of the main steeplechase events in the international calendar. This is your opportunity to be part of a legendary sporting event.
3. Central-London 5-Star Hotel Option: To make your experience truly seamless and unforgettable, consider adding a stay at a central-London 5-star hotel to your booking. After a day of luxury travel and thrilling races, you can unwind in the lap of comfort and style. Indulge in impeccable service, modern amenities, and the convenience of being at the heart of the city’s vibrant culture. It’s the perfect way to extend your journey and make the most of your time in London.
There’s no better way to combine luxury, adventure, and exhilaration than with our London Paddington to Cheltenham Festival getaway. From the opulent rail journey onboard the Northern Belle to the electrifying atmosphere of the Cheltenham Festival and the option to relax in a central-London 5-star hotel, every aspect of this experience is designed to create memories that will last a lifetime. Don’t miss out on this extraordinary opportunity to embrace elegance, excitement, and indulgence in one spectacular package. Book your journey today and get ready to embark on a remarkable escapade like no other.
Cheltenham Gold Cup 2024
Cheltenham Gold Cup 2024
Cheltenham Gold Cup tickets
Cheltenham Gold Cup packages
Cheltenham Gold Cup hospitality
Northern Belle train to Cheltenham
Cheltenham Festival 2024
Cheltenham Festival 2024
Cheltenham Festival tickets
Cheltenham Festival packages
Cheltenham Festival hospitality